Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Fitting In



hello there, I felt good about myself today, so here's a selfie.



and I am going to make these cookies right after I write this post.

3-Ingredient Nutella Cookies
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1 c nutella
  • 1 egg
Mix all ingredients together in a stand mixer. Place 1-inch balls of dough on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 8 – 10 minutes. The cookies will spread a lot and be very thin. Let cool for a minute or so then remove with a spatula. Cool on wire racks.

I figure I can make these since I made peanut butter ones just like it.

Okay now onto the actual point of this post.
I have really found my home and heart here on the West Coast. Specifically NORCAL or West Nevada.
The beauty I am constantly surrounded by astounds me, and I have really grown into a person I wouldn't of recognized a year ago, but..


I'm lonely.



I miss the people that are so dear to me. I miss having community. 
In Texas, I could be having a severly depressing and lonely day, and it never failed that I would get a phone call to hang out. I miss having a church that felt real and that I was making a change. I miss knowing that I was DOING something. I used to through benefit shows, and it felt amazing. hard work, but amazing. 
I know I could do that here, but the reason it worked so well back home is because I had resources, hookups, and I knew A LOT of people. 
I just don't know how to do that here. I don't know how to get into the community. I don't know where I "fit". I'm lonely.



No comments:

Post a Comment