Image Map

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Overcoming the lie

So, I just joined the Overcoming the lie 40 day challenge. I was a few days late into it, but the first email I got really resonated in my heart. THE FIRST DAY. So, if you are looking for accountability, and things that really speak to your heart, you should join this because it's not too late.


Anyway, today started off.. horrible. I had one of those moments where I felt skinny. So, naturally when I got dressed I tried putting on some of my older clothes to see how I felt. Needless to say, I hated it. I literally started to loathe myself.

"Why are you so gross?"
"Why didn't you get up earlier and go on a run?"
"Your chin looks nasty."
"ew, your fat literally rolls over your jeans."

and so on.

So, I toss on my same jeans and my same tshirt I wore three times last week. I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin. Not only does this happen when I look at my body, but when I think of myself in general. I just started a jewelry business with my friend, Abbe, and I.. always have that sneaking thought of,
"You won't be able to do it."
"You aren't good enough."
"No one will buy your things."

UGH and the list just goes on. Then I receive my first email from the "overcomethelie" challenge.

"We need to change our inner dialogue, we need to change our inner dialogue to declare life. 

There are power in your words.We can invite Him with our words. We can stir up hope instead of despair. We can prophesy a future, instead of devastation."

Talk about woah. I am.. speechless. I'll just leave that here with you. Feel free to email me. misshaleylou@gmail.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment