Image Map

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Love Story; Part 3

Part 1
Part 2

I landed two hours later in Chicago.
That plane ride had to be the most nerve wrecking/exciting two hours of my life. I am a weirdo, and had a countdown on my phone... That probably wasn't the best of ideas because it made me more anxious to see the two hours ticking down to one hour to twenty minutes! It helped though that I was sitting by the sweetest older Chicagoian (word?) lady ever. She asked me how Reece and I met, and was joining in my crazy  excitement.

I got lost in the huge O'hare airport, so we don't have any pictures. sad face. All I remember from that moment was both of us shaking like crazy because we were so nervous. Since he is so skinny, he hid behind some guy while holding a sign for me that said "Bee Bee" nickname. Then all the sudden he popped out of nowhere! I cannot express to you how it feels to see the person you have been talking/skyping with, the person you say I love you to, for the first time. When I saw him, my mind was at ease, and the Lord really confirmed it in my heart, that yes, in fact, this was my one. Ah. That hug was the most important and loving hug I have ever received, even if he was shaking like a Chihuahua. 

It rained the whole three hour drive to Champaign, IL where his apartment was. It was a such an exciting day though,DESPITE the rain. Lots of movies, hugs, and er kisses;) The next day we went on our first date ever. Skype doesn't count. Steak&shake and bowling. It was the best first date ever.

Then we went to the park a few times.

and watched some movies, but really.. we were just taking silly pictures.


Sadly, I had to leave after such a wonderful weekend. I was extremely sad. I remember him kissing me,and him not wanting to let me go. I've never had to really say goodbye to someone like that, and to this day it probably was one of the hardest things I have been through. Mostly, because I had no idea when I would see him again. I mean, most LDR (long distance relationships) go months, sometimes years, after initially meeting to see each other again. I was afraid.. I really did let my fear get the best of me that day. As soon I went to my gate I started bawling. I don't even really remember the plane ride, or the rest of the day for that matter. After we met, it didn't take long for me to realize I couldn't stay away from him. So one month later...


No comments:

Post a Comment