Image Map

Monday, September 29, 2014

Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

Chicken and Dumplings- Housel style



So this is a bit out of my zone blog wise, but I promised I would write up a recipe on how I make my Chicken and Dumplings. So here we go! I don't have pretty pictures making it because basically you cut some things, and throw in the crock pot. It's that easy.

Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 4 potatoes
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken ( I make my own with this recipe )
  • 1 tsp of garlic salt
  • 1 onion diced (I ninja mine;)
  • 1T of butter
  • 1 can of biscuit dough (You can use another can if you like a lot of dough. My family is just more of a potato family)
Place your two chicken breasts on the bottom. They can be frozen for this to work. I only use frozen because its easier. Pour two cans of cream of chicken on top, along with everything else basically except the dough and stir, keeping the chicken still at the bottom. Cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours. Take your chicken out and shred within the last 30 minutes of cooking, and add your dough by tearing small bits (I like to roll mine into little balls.  I think I have OCD.) Throw in the crock pot and stir all of it. Let cook the remaining 30 minutes until dough is a little cooked. Then scoop and serve. Enjoy!

*This usually feeds about 4 pretty decent sized servings. Also, sorry if this recipe is all over the place! Like I said.. I don't normally do recipe posts:)

No comments:

Post a Comment