Image Map

Saturday, May 25, 2013

No motivation, but Compassionate.

So, I'm kinda playing catch up AGAIN with this challenge. I kind stink at stuff like this, and I am sorry for that. Like I've said multiple times in previous posts, there has just been a lot of stuff happening. Good and bad. I've been really trying to keep up with my blog, but then I stopped and realized that it used to not be like this. My blog and I used to have this relationship where I could just come and go as I pleased. When I needed to let go of some anxiety or stress. So, I think I might just go back to that. Just posting whenever I want. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Day 24, Friday: Your top 3 worst traits

  • I bite my nails.. all the time. I've done it since I was a little kid. I wish I could stop.
  • I am very impatient. I am getting better about this one, but man.. If there is something I really want to do, and you are taking forever to get ready or whatever, I will snap!
  • I am not very motivated when it comes to dieting, or school.  Like, I WANT to do it, but then I get in it, and feel very blah about it all.


Day 25, Saturday: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)

Oh, man. Okay, well when I was getting ready to move to Illinois, I had my friends helping me stuff everything in my car. When everything was packed up, I looked at my two best guy friends and with tears in my eyes, told them goodbye. My best friend Bj, who I have been friends with since 9th grade, handed me a letter and told me not to read it until I got to Illinois. So, I drove from Texas all the way to Illinois and as soon as I passed the state line, I pulled over and read the letter. 


Old one, but good one.
He wrote to me that my honesty was contagious, and that in all the times I was spilling my guts to him thinking that he was helping me, that I in fact was helping him. That my life, my "mere existence has shaped the world for good, and it is love that renders everything beautiful." That I had given him hope, and helped him become a person with more compassion. 

I was in tears. I can't even read the letter without tearing up, even now. Mostly because I really struggle with my self-worth, and to hear from someone that I helped them, that I helped shape them into a better person? That is just something I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment