Image Map

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Baptism

 
I made a decision on a Sunday to get baptized. It was not really impromptu because I had been praying over this decision for a while.
 
When I was younger I did get baptized, but I was "saved" more out of fear of not going to heaven. Fast forward a few years, and I went through a time of heart break, brokenness in the Lord, and I truly decided to follow Him. I started heavily doing missionary work (homeless ministry work). So much that I had quit my job. Which led to me eventually being homeless.
 
I had to say that was the time where I really followed Christ, but I never proclaimed it. I never felt it was necessary.
 
Then I heard a sermon a couple of weeks ago that eventually led me to finally just do it. To stop waiting around, and get baptized. I proclaimed my faith. That Jesus Christ died on the cross for me, and that I now have a relationship with Him instead of just knowing about Him.
 
It was a wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats my friend! So happy for what you have outwardly affirmed!! God bless you always!!

    ReplyDelete