Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nursery details

 
 
Here are just a few details of Jude's corner/ wall.
 
I made his mobile just out of some funky yarn I found at Michael's and two embroidery hoops. The J was from Michael's as well, and was just spray painted black. I placed his ultrasound photo, a maternity photo, and a fox painting I did all in frames, and the painting is something I have been working on for quite sometime. It has quite the back story actually.
 
The back story: I started the painting as you can tell on the far right side in March 2013, right after I had a miscarriage. It was kind of my way of coping because that is pretty much how I always cope. Usually though I can finish a painting in a day. I never spend more than a week on one single painting. Well, I started it, and I just couldn't finish. Finally when we started decorating Jude's wall, I thought to myself, "That would be perfect! The colors are just right!" I can't tell you how good it was to finish that painting. It was almost like some kind of relief just flooded over me. That I could finally just let go of our loss. Also that Father really did keep His promise to me that He would someday give me a child in His timing.
 
 

 
We got a crib at our baby shower, and put it together. It makes everything so real!
 
 
 
That pretty much concludes his little corner. We have a changing station outside of our bedroom, but really its nothing to picture because we are just using a changing pad on top of a shelving unit we already had. It works though. We absolutely do not have enough space in this tiny apartment, but we are going to make it work.



No comments:

Post a Comment